Saturday 26 May 2012

Lovin' Leopard

Leopard print has made another come back into the fashion scene. You can see everything from silk shirts, fur jackets, pencil line skirts and accessories galore all covered in animal prints. It has taken me quite some time to embrace this reoccurring trend. For some reason I associated leopard print to the Popular TV series 'The Nanny' where Miss Fine and her mother would be draped in tight leopard print ensembles. Then of course, I have that scary association of leopard print with the oh so trashy 'Jerseylicious' cast. Putting all of these aside, when leopard print is worn well it can look elegant and even add a touch of rock star edge to your look.

I decided to welcome this trend and went online shopping. I found this cute leopard print, peter pan collar dress. I tried to style it into my every day wardrobe. Below I styled the dress with my long knitted vest and black stockings as we approach the cold season.  I have accessorised with a grey subtle leopard printed handbag. My simple rule is to never team more than 2 items of leopard print in your outfit. It is really important to tone the print down with a sold colour. 

Below, I have included some leopard print apparel and accessories. I think the safest and longest lasting trend pieces to purchase in leopard are the classic leopard print ballet flats and leopard sunglasses. They can always add some edge to an all black look. So why not begin there.
I have also included at the bottom of the post some looks worn by Olivia Palermo. She knows how to create elegance whilst wearing leopard. I also have styled an affordable look inspired by one of Olivia's leopard ensembles. 
 Happy Shopping!









1 comment:

  1. That leopard dress is so adorable! I especially appreciate the collar and the sleeve cuffs! -Jessica

    THEJESSICALBLOG.COM

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for viewing Dusty Petals blog. I'd love to hear any feedback you have. xox